Frequently Asked Questions

Answer all of your questions

Does the student have to give any entrance examination prior to joining the academy in Russia?

Unlike the other countries, there are no pre-qualifying examinations like CET, TOEFL, etc for admission to the Universities in Russia, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Ukraine. The admissions are based on the 12th standard marks for the Graduate courses and as per the equivalency of the Indian graduate degree with the Russian degrees for the postgraduate courses. All admissions are strictly on a first come first serve basis.

What is the Eligibility Criteria to get admission in these Countries?

As per Medical Council of India the minimum qualification for Indian Students to study in these countries is 50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 12th standard. In case of SC/ST it is 40%. The minimum age should be 17 years by 31st December of the year in which the student is taking admission.

Is qualifying NEET compulsory to take admission abroad ?

Yes, to get the Eligibility Certificate for appearing in NEXT (National Exit Test) after completion of MBBS course from abroad & subsequently getting registration to practice in India, the student must qualify NEET in the year he/she wishes to take admission abroad irrespective of country he/she is opting. And for students who wish to practice in the same destination country from where they complete MBBS course abroad can take admission without NEET eligibility as they can not practice in India after completion of medical course.

What is the medium of teaching?

The medium of Instruction is ENGLISH but students have to learn Local Language because it helps students in their practical training whereas they have to communicate with local people. It’s also helpful in communicating with local people.

When the academic year starts?

Academic Curriculum starts from 1st week of September in all three countries Russia, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Ukraine.

What is the mode of payment?

A Student can pay the University fees of the concerned university through PEC.

After completing the course can I do my internship from India?

Yes, but first student has to qualify Screening Test of MCI.

How many times I can appear for MCI Screening Test?

Students get unlimited chance to clear MCI Screening Test. MCI conducts screening test twice a year i.e. March and September.

Can I practice in my country or can I get a job in a government Hospital on my return?

Yes, after clearing the screening test and getting your MCI registration with the state or central council, you are eligible for any government & private appointment.

Can I get an education loan?

Yes, We will fully assist you in applying for educational loan, the decision of sanctioning the loan is entirely depends on the BANK, and you need to meet the criteria devised by the bank for sanctioning of loan.

What is the duration of MBBS course from these countries?

MBBS duration is 6 year in all these countries in English medium.

Can a student come back to India in holidays? What is the holiday period?

A student need not to come back to India every year during his vacation but if a student wants to come he/she has to inform the university accordingly. All countries have two breaks, winter and summer.

Can a student earn while learning?

No, A student can not do a job legally while studying, since he/she is having a student visa.

Who does the student contact there if he/she has any queries, problems at the university or hostel?

Every university has an International Students Department where a student could address their problems directly or they can contact PEC representative.

What will the average monthly expense?

Generally students need approximate 100$ per month. This figure is approximate and would differ from city to city and on personal lifestyle.

Is Medical Treatment available in the University?

All students who are going to Russia, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan, Ukraine need to take medical Insurance to cover them for any medical assistance, from University.

How Can Parents Send Money to their Children’s can they open bank account there?

Student can take International debit card, forex card or hard cash (USD) with them. The International Student Department of the university will help students to open their bank account in respective Country.

Does Student have to go through Visa interview?

No. Students don’t have to go through any interview process.

What do you mean by a signing of a contract with the university?

As per university rules, all foreigners need to sign a contract ever year. This contract would specify educational responsibility on the part of the university and the contracted fees, which would remain stable. This contract is general in nature and statutory requirements in these countries.

Will the University refund the fees, in case the student is unable to complete the course because of home sickness, expulsion, sickness etc.?

At the time of your admission the University makes all arrangements to receive the student once the student is admitted to the University. This would include the study material, hostel arrangements etc. Therefore, once the student reports to the University and joins the same, the University regrets its inability to refund any part of the educational fees and other expenses paid by the student.

It is known that Russia is a very cold country, what the arrangements are made by the university to protect?

Even though Russia is a cold country, severe winters would last for 2–3 months in a year. All the establishments like homes, hostels, classrooms, shops etc as well as the public transports are centrally heated. In case of the establishments the heating is regulated by the local municipal departments. Therefore, the heating and the hot water in the bathrooms are started by the Municipal departments and not the University. Students are also advised to buy reasonably priced water and room heaters if they find the heating arrangements to be inadequate. Every student should also take care by wearing warm clothes like fur coats, caps, gloves etc when they go outdoors.

Didn't find the answer?